It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:10 pm 

I say that not to be derogatory, it's just that the word 'artist' gets thrown around way more in American culture. Like everyone in the music charts is an 'artist'. "oyvey"

It seems as though the term is mistakenly used over there to describe every type of two-bit 'entertainer' or would-be creative. Not that Art can't ever be popular. I was lead to believe that it was supposed to wake people up though, not keep them in a coma.

Last edited by resonance23 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, which is an extension of the idea that a) anyone can "be" an artist; and b) if you make money doing it, you ARE a REAL artist....

See the parallel thread to this one, The Ideology of Art

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:37 pm 

Jasun wrote:
Yeah, which is an extension of the idea that a) anyone can "be" an artist; and b) if you make money doing it, you ARE a REAL artist....

See the parallel thread to this one, The Ideology of Art

Popular notions of "ART" always seem to be tied to money. The film biz is an extreme example. Everything is judged through the prism of 'money'. Think about it, most film critics don't seem to function as critics. They are more like consumer ombudsmen. Rating film by one to five stars etc is totally base and moronic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

I'd not heard that term obudsman before. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ombudsman

I wrote a bit about the rotten tomatoes rating system over at this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:03 am 

I myself live in an "undeveloped" country, although human development indexes are made by organizations who measure development in terms of resources, not spiritually.countries are territorial inventions that limit us as material beings.

I struggle as an artist, If I can call myself as that. It´s difficult trying to get money form something so sacred as your art or what your mind cryptically creates as a language. Some people can´t understand a language you are tying to communicate in your art and are confused if you convey to much meaning to it, people can look through your psique with a painting or a tune, is like getting naked and being judged all the time and not getting a retribution, like a whore you are letting everybody enter your realm but not getting a cent from it. Sacred prostitution at is best.

I was doing with a friend a project I would like to share to this community someday, It was very dangerous memetic experiment, and was getting us killed every second we were involved in that project. Maybe famous artist achive some kind of energy that elevates them as semi-deities but at the cost of selfdestruction and destruction of others as well. The end of that experiment was tragic in the sense that part of our paraself died and some kind of funny demonic (like japanesse demons) was born.[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBSmdItnpj0[/youtube]

I´m in a point where people are disgusted with my work, even if I try hard to be likeble, maybe this is not the era of pouring your ego into images or music, but grabbing some kind of spiritual wave of intuitive knowledge that is never within us, but outward.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

Darvas wrote:
It was very dangerous memetic experiment, and was getting us killed every second we were involved in that project.

:wtf:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm 

Art has become dangerous, the edge is always filled with obscure themes.
Me and friend where exploring our identities, making a preformance out of an internet troll. But I think it was beyond a trolling experience. I recall your podcast and blog recently, where you were talking about gangs in central america and your trip to Guatemala.
We immgerged in that world by creating a false fase Faceborg profile of an attractive girl, we previously created a story for her and it was like a play although there was no script, and we were doing this for one year. We studied dangerous ghetto people, and made fun of them. It was a very dark journey, the faceborg feed of a gang member is full of daunting images without censorship, memes aproving murder of rivals, pictures of deformities, dead babies and guns. We came to the clonclusion that the gangs are motivated by sexual desires, kids braced the gangster style to get laid, and girls took pictures of themselves showing their buttucks.The strange thing of central american gangs is that they behave like any other cult, there is a religious element and a subconcious connection with the occult. For them certain numbers and letters are sacred, grafitti functions as sigils for them as portals of the underworld, murder is aproved as a sacrife to the gang. Maybe this groups are manifesting archaic remanents of ancient mayan cultures.

This troll created so many problems that the character was thretened in realife, at the same time she recivied thousands of likes and comments just for her photos. I entered a very dark period because of this, I was addicted to the feeling of power over dangerous people. we shouldn´t have con troll over anyone.