It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Just so you know, I do enjoy watching movies purely for the enjoyment of it.

Here's a few I've seen in the last year or so that took me to movie nirvana (a desire-free state):

and of course....

And I just watched this, piece of poetry

Sure there's more but those are the first ones that came to mind.

Post subject: Re: Movie Chat Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:58 pm 

Recent films that moved me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:51 am 

Probably will check this out soon. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3179568/?ref_=ttmd_md_nm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:24 am 

It logged me out before I was finished writing, and I lost my whole post.
Somehow the settings on the Sync Forum are such that if you hit the back arrow to go back to the previous page, your text is still there.. Wow. I have to be more careful. That sux.

I have to re-write.. I have no time..

Writing takes leisure, for sure..

I'll have to be more simple.

Major thought of the day:

All contemporary movies appear to me, now, to be a form of Propaganda.

The "eye" of the camera is itself a force of Consensus.. One must have "rapport" with the eye of the camera - [or with the voice of the narrator in a novel - unless it's a satire], in a commercial "Moving Picture Show" in order to enter the fictional world.

So that "rapport," which is a form of consent, - is like-unto a Gateway or door.

"Kubricks Doors" section in the YouTube below starts at approx.~ 14.00.. It begins with a reference to the BOMB - And I recall some of the comments on this Forum [can't place exactly from where - sorry about that - shadow?] place the BOMB, particularly the ADAM-ic BOMB, with the Stargate?

It's weaponized.

McLuhan wrote about the technology of Media - which could really be the Human - machine hybrid which has already occurred.

Not some "Pie in the Sky" coming with some "Singularity" at some indefinite point in the future. That's why the "Eyes Wide Shut" was staged, right before the curtain was raised on the "New Millennium?"

Each Medium replaces one of our senses.. including the MIND itself. The Mind itself is a "Medium," since it is a filter to the input of the senses and an organizer of the presentation of facts to the inner Consciousness or "Self".

The machines / various Medium / embed "in" - becomes adjuncts to the senses of the living humans - ALREADY.. create a delusional pseudo - world, because of the manipulation of Mass Media.

"Project Bluebeam" already happened.

Josh Harris, who created a project , called "We live in Public" made a statement which has stuck with me:

"You are all going to end up like Purdue chickens [laughs]."

His project ended on the New Year's Day 2000 -

I attended a screening of "We Live in Public" at the MOMA in NYC , April 4th 2009.. which showed the documentary of his project,which did not use the footage he himself collected .. Harris never used the huge amount of footage he, himself, created. Another film-maker, Ondi Timoner, created the docu.

What I wrote about the movie screening, a few days later:

Quote:
The movie, "We Live in Public" was creepy since it showed how people would easily give up their rights, freedoms and privacy, and then mostly thank their controllers. And also showed the destruction that can be wrought by the technology in the wrong hands.

Professional torture style interrogators were brought in to humiliate the "guests" in the name of "art" or "social experiment." When Harris was through with his human subjects he basically just threw them out onto the street. And I believe many, including Nico, were traumatized by it.

Josh Harris showed how competing realities could be created through technology. The participation of Nicholai in the project prepared his mind, maybe jostled it enough? to enable him see through the 9/11 hoax from Day One.

However, that could not be it completely since none of the others in the project *caught on? though I can't help but think, after seeing the documentary, that the bunker experience somehow contributed to Haupt's comprehension of "where we are now."
:lol
Though most people at the event were still totally "caught in the dominant matrices" , even so @ the question and answer, when N. identified himself as a founder of the 9/11 truth movement, there were scattered applause.

I walked out, but Rosalee said Josh Harris at the final answer stated straight-out to the audience that they were all going to end up "Purdue chickens"

Attachment:
perdue_shot.jpg
perdue_shot.jpg [ 38.08 KiB | Viewed 2471 times ]

Anyway, Harris staged someone attacking him at the end of the question and answer session at that screening.

I assume he staged it, because his actual audience was too complacent to even be angry with him, and maybe he thought it was funny. And maybe it was a way to taunt the complacency of his audience.

Mostly I think he did that because all the other idiots in the audience were worshiping him - and he was/is an contemptible human? And himself knew it.
And deserved to be attacked publicly.. And if no one would do it.. He would .
- I don't know how else to say that...

Harris had the CIA [intelligence services] come in and do interrogations of the people in his little project / game, inside a plexiglass room.. On display..

The project was funded because he [became filthy rich when he] bailed , at the top of the dot-com bubble , from the company he created .

The shareholders didn't like him showing up, in drag, as a "Gilligan's Island" character , called "Lovie." So he quit and sold his shares and then did this project, "We Live in Public"

He was brought up on TV . And "Gilligan's Island" was his family / community. So he was dressing up as his "Mother" / "Lovee" , a character on the TV sit-com.

At the end of the question and answer he told everyone : "You guys are going to end up like Purdue Chickens"

Attachment:
perduechickens.jpg
perduechickens.jpg [ 145.06 KiB | Viewed 2471 times ]

Harris' little art experiments were also implicated in the "9/11" Media Event

This comment about the "Purdue Chicken" destiny is related to the "Human - Machine" symbiosis I mentioned above.. Since the Media is used as a control mechanism and Harris had worked on that aspect of social research. Harris went into hiding after "9/11" .. And his whole experiment "We Live in Public" was an experiment with a closed, virtual, intensely mediated, actually existing "world." On Broadway near Houston, NYC. A BETA run?

"We Live in Public"

At the end of this video/ trailer for the movie, you can see them counting down for the year 2000!

Sorry, I clicked "Post" before I was finished - out of fear I would be erased before I had the chance.

I am going to add onto this post rather than start a new one.. I 'm going to finish my original

Last edited by liberty on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:32 pm 

(Pretty funny "sync-wink" "Scene and Unseen" regarding Josh Harris sponsored "Art Project" - record of which was published in the "New York L[t]i[m]es" newspaper in August 2001.

Attachment:
B1balconyseenorunseen.jpg
B1balconyseenorunseen.jpg [ 63.89 KiB | Viewed 2464 times ]
)

Anyway, I wanted to comment on the list of films Jasun recommended.

After a cursory review of the trailers [most of which I really don't like - the trailer , anyway] I was inspired to write the previous post concerning the movie "We Live in Public" - which, as far as I know, got a limited distribution.

I actually wrote about movies there - my post was erased - and when I went back to "cut to the jist" that is what came out! Likely off topic.. But not really; since it was about what I consider an influential movie [ i.e. "We Live in Public." A movie which is synchronistically and otherwise, related to the subject of this Forum.]

I felt the soundtracks, as I was looking at the series of trailers, were, even, hypnotic triggers for sentimentality / emotion - So that reminded me of the "consent" required to enter into a "movie space."

I think that is why I define that space for myself as a particular high - grade theater, likely with, at least some audience.

As Jake Kotze has commented: ~to paraphrase, "The theater is like unto a Temple." Therefore it is in a circumscribed space.. It's set - apart from our regular life - as is a Temple / place of worship and /or ritual.

The first two Jasun put forward seemed very appealing..

But the grouping of them - the massiveness of the time required to study them - And the awareness that by studying them one must "give consent" [Consent - sis] to the world view - and everything that is assumed and implied in that world view, in order to pass through the gate- ( the liminal space ! - wow I've hit on one of the designated topics - MIRACLE! ) - into the world of each "Moving Picture Show," triggered the words of Josh Harris in my memory: "You are all going to end up as Purdue chickens"

To give a simple explanation: so one reading this would perhaps be able to see the world through my eyes, The number of faked and staged attacks , [likely by NATO 's GLADIO] have been increasing.. And have been used to change laws. []

Therefore, this is really a physical body question for me.. As I know Jasun has preference for communications that are grounded in the actual body - rather than fantasy; this is why I mention it. And so as to keep it on topic and to keep it all grounded in actual reality.. Which does exist , folks.. No matter how much the intelligentsia is trained otherwise.

That's the short version.. I won't go anymore into that because this is not a political board.

Last edited by liberty on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Cloud Atlas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:01 pm 

I couldn't make it through the "Cloud Atlas" trailer.. I realize how disgusting the movie is in reality, when I see the trailer.. At the time I was watching it, it was "alright" , until the end - and it really lost me. I despise Hanks.. And that movie has something to do with it.. When I saw him try to fake an alien language, that's what pushed me over the edge into active disgust.

Often there is a movie, which I love in the theater, but if I see it on a small screen - there is no trance state, I suppose ,, and I just feel abhorrence, that I ever could have enjoyed it.

(The analogy that comes to mind is say, what I imagine happens to a man, when he is drunk and picks up a woman to have sex with - and then when he wakes- up - they are "OMG" ?)

I'll be upfront: I despise Tom Hanks - he makes my skin crawl.. His attempt at speaking some weird alien language in "Cloud Atlas" really broke the trance for me and the movie wasn't even over. And it wasn't even on a small screen.

Batman movies - I love them in the theater.. On a TV set , It becomes, surprisingly, a case of "REALLY?!"

Hank's a bad actor. I don't care what anyone says.

Last edited by liberty on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:03 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:04 pm 

sweatyk wrote:

F is for Fake is a good movie, we might have to start a Orson Wells thread because I think his films were an influence on Kubrick

Last edited by gregtramel on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:07 pm 

I enjoyed a lot of the movies listed above such as The Counselor, Blue is The Warmest Color, Nyphomaniac 1 & 2, The Great Beauty but the rest I just haven't seen yet but look promising. I have been reluctant also about Cloud Atlas because of Tom Hanks but I do want to watch it someday.

I would add Under the Skin and Only God Forgives however I just noticed those were from 2013 so I don't know if we are only talking about 2014 movies but I rarely see the movie when it 1st comes out in the theater but I'm very glad I saw Big Eyes on the big screen, the colors pop off the screen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:13 pm 

generally I go to see movies in the theater that my wife is willing to see, I sorta tricked her and her parents to watch Tree of Life (which I enjoyed) on the big screen and they will never ever forgive me or fall for my trick; I told them it was a movie about a boy growing up in Texas, which it is

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next