It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Kyle wrote:
I certainly enjoy bouncing ideas around with someone like yourself, and I do so love the sound of my own voice.

Makes two of us. Funny how that's considered an insult in our society.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:37 pm 

Yet another symptom of anti-intellectualism, I guess? Much better for society to have the ego-boosting desires channeled towards materialism rather than discourse. "Look what I bought!" is always better received than "Look what I thought!".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:59 pm 

Checking in...

Feels like I'm getting on the bus as one of the Hong Kong Cavaliers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:06 pm 

Well that was strange. I had a post all typed out and more or less satisfied with it, and just as my finger hovered over the "Submit" button, both my phone's battery and house's power went out, simultaneously. So, yet again faced with the quandary- should that be interpreted as a message from the universe, and if so, what?

Anyhow, I'll try to reiterate the thought-train I'd initially tried to capture and see what happens…

Just listened to the latest podcast (#96), and as usual, enjoyed it and wanted to thank you guys. %y7

I'm still reading White Noise, and as I read this passage --

Quote:
In bed two nights later I heard voices, put on my robe and went down the hall to see what was going on. Denise stood outside the bathroom door.

"Steffie's taking one of her baths."

"It's late," I said.

"She's just sitting in all that dirty water."

"It's my dirt," Steffie said from the other side of the door.

"It's still dirt."

"Well it's my dirt and I don't care."

"It's dirt," Denise said.

"It's my dirt."

"Dirt is dirt."

"Not when it's mine."

-- I thought of the part near the end of the podcast in which you guys were talking about scar tissue, and the need to determine what is scar tissue and what is self...

On one hand, it rings true that we are here to experience being as individuals, since that appears to be our natural mode, and it probably aids our survival. This would entail differentiating between "self" and "other", which would include determining which parts of our makeup were our true essence, and which parts were imposed on us by outside elements (both beneficial and detrimental).

But, on the other hand, it also feels true that all beings are very much composites in many ways, from the physical-- cells, ancestors, etc, to the mental -- ideas created by others, language, experiences that originate externally but are integrated into our knowledge and feelings about ourself and the world. In this sense, our feeling of being an individual seems akin to the idea of an egregore; existence seems unimaginable (impossible?) without the context in which it arises.

Not to say that individuality must then be an illusion, but that it seems as though both being a self contained unit, and being an context-based composite need to be embraced… that true wholeness can only be achieved through full acceptance of our all parts of our composite nature, again, regardless of whether its beneficial or detrimental - maybe this acceptance is akin to a glue that holds all the parts together as a unit? %%^9

I guess what I'm asking is, would identifying scar tissue as "other" possibly be harmful? Maybe that would block integration and wholeness? What do you fellow Kubrickonions think?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Aaron wrote:
-- I thought of the part near the end of the podcast in which you guys were talking about scar tissue, and the need to determine what is scar tissue and what is self...

As soon as I read that I realized that the metaphor of the scar tissue is too limited for what I meant to say. It's accurate in terms of recognizing how we have been imprinted and from that a) deducing the nature of the trauma-impacts which left those imprints b) getting a sense of what the un-imprinted psyche was like before the imprints.

It breaks down when it comes to clearing out/dissolving those imprints that prevent the psyche fully landing in the body, because after all, scar tissue can't ever be removed, except via surgery (which is the opposite of dissolving or healing, in this case at least). I guess the correct continuation of the scar tissue metaphor would be to restore the original sensitivity that has been lost due to scarring. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with a scar besides from the perspective of vanity/self-image.

The scar itself is not other; but it is evidence of foreign energy that has been put in one's body (causing the traumatic impact) and that is other, insofar as it is made up of psychic or energetic "threads" that belong to another soul-psyche.

Yes all those separate souls (especially if it is ancestral wounding) belong to a larger soul-collective; but the units that make up that soul can't integrate as parts within it unless they have achieved or regained their own integrity and wholeness as parts. It would be the difference between a set of organs working together and a mass of mashed organs all flowing together in a bloody soup of broken cells and membrane. In other words, the difference between a living body and a dead one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:

The BizARro crew welcomes Jasun Horsley back to Always Record to discuss his recent article series "Vicious Circles & Angry Squares." From there the conversation wades into the dark waters of Pizzagate & social engineering, the balkanization of communities, trauma culture, and psychic fragmentation, among many other topics.

http://thesyncbook.com/alwaysrecord/?ep=172

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:42 am 

Just listened to Liminalist #96- Thanks Jason & Jasun for opening up about shame, libido etc.

Still processing the implications of what I heard.... For my own energetic purposes.

:respekt:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:24 pm 

Just on 10% of second book of Reverend "Nemu's end" trilogy and I'm enjoying it a lot --fascinating discussions on how language models world, japanese/hebrew exploration.

http://nemusend.co.uk/the-trilogy/

It opens with a discussion on Neurodiversity --seems his grandfather was on the spectrum.

Maybe you'd be interested on him as a guest for ur podcast.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Nice book covers

He seems to be an advocate of psychedelics. X<?/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:09 pm 

He talks abt his experience with ayahuasca in japan and amazonian jungle, yes, but does not struck me as a psychedelic-centered author. Now I recall in his first book he has some lines abt democracy inventors as paedophiles. Loved his first book, but second is a real page turner. Very mercurial, liminal and personal style. Great read.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next